Thursday, 16 September 2010

Wall colour & fireplace tiles

Hi everyone, first I would like to thank you girls for coming past after so long and remembering me...I have not had time to visit all my fav blogs but I will get to it soon. Yesterday I had a colour appointment to pick paint and I think I have decided to go with basic Antique White USA to the internal walls rather then a creamy white on the walls as when I put a sample of my French furniture up against it I feel there is too much cream. I asked the colour consoltant what she thought and she agreed so the walls are back to being basic one colour and split up with a solid white picture railing. I think it will be fine and come together well once I make all the other decissions. This weekend we are off to pick tiles for the front of our fireplace too. I already picked the fireplace feature tiles which I have to say I just LOVE!

www.schots.com.au

How pretty are these? Not sure about what colour to put on the floor in front of the fireplace...I wish they had a tile with similar colouring like the mustard in the background but sadly they dont. We have to pick carpet this weeked as well...wow...now I feel like its really happening! I just wish I was feeling better than I do now, this cold isnt feeling too good...migrains, runny nose, cough...oh well I suppose I will get there. Have a great day. xo

6 comments:

  1. Hi Siobhan, when it came to painting my extension and the rest of my house, as it was a pale yellow before, I had deliberated on 3 cream colours for a while. I even bought sample pots and painted pieces of offcut gyprock. I deliberated and deliberated and finally picked one. Went out and bought 10ltrs of it. I painted my whole bedroom and thought.. Oh no.. it's too creamy! So in a mad panic went back to the hardware and purchased 10ltrs of something else that I hadn't even tried a sample pot of! I think I was crazy at the time to do that but the colour I purchased was Antique white usa too and I couldn't be happier with the colour! All's well that ends well I suppose! I love those feature tiles for your fireplace, they're just beautiful. They're nice enough to frame! I do hope you get better soon, nothing worse than being sick, especially when you have such important things to do!! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan love those tiles they really are 2die4, have never seen anything like them before. Hope you are on the mend & back to normal soon....

    Lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siobhan,

    finally I have been making my rounds in bloggland been awhile for me to but hopefully I'm back in the swing of things....I hope you have worked out your colour scheme and decided on your paint colour, just alittle tip when deciding on colour you should get an A4 size of the colour you want go to the corner of your room and push it into the corner so it forms as an L-shape (half should be on one wall and half on the other) that way you get the light and shade of the true colorway, even if you leave it there to see what shading you get at different times of the day, (morning, noon and night) sometimes colour doesn't go true to form as it's computer generated in the bouchers, eg: if choosing green that you want...ask them to mix it to 2 shades lighter then you get the true to form colour your after, most times chosing off the chart the colour comes out darker...I hope this has helped.

    But would love to see pic's on how your rooms turned out.

    XXX
    Kirstie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Siobhan.
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got your comment dear one. It doesn't matter if I chat w/you in 5 mins or 5 years from now... I love you to bits, you're always in my heart as long as it beats. Working on the FB thing, but I'm on Twitter for now.

    So good about the house!!!
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Siobhan,

    I found your blog on accident and fell in love instantly! My name is Shell and I am in Tennessee, USA. I'm a new fan and can't wait to read more!

    Shell

    ReplyDelete