Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Colour selections and picture railing?

Hello, its been a very long time since my last post...lots happening...selling our house, moving into my mother and father in laws, battling with the builder over variations etc, etc. Yesterday we finally signed our contract, you have no idea how relieved we are to get here after this long. So, now I have a HUGE job with colour selections! I think I know what I want but when I'm giving too many options sometimes I tend to freeze a little. We are having picture railing and two toned walls, full strength to the bottom and quarter strength to the top but I'm not sure about the picture rail colour? Do I go lighter or do I keep it similar to the top section? Hmmm??? Very confused at the moment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Above images from www.dulux.com.au

6 comments:

  1. I'm just glad you're back, sweet friend! I'm thinking something close to the top but I can understand, more choices, harder decisions!

    So happy for you!
    Much love, Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan, firstly I just want to say it's great to see you back in the blogging world! I was wondering what was happening. Yes, the joys of building.. nothing goes smoothly but hang in there I know it will be all worth it in the end. I'm not really sure what I would do with the dado rail. I suppose it's what you prefer really. What about a half strength colour to blend in with both? Just a thought. Thanks for visiting me too..it was so nice to hear from you! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siobhan

    Good to see you blogging again!

    I'm terrible with colours, I change my mind a million times.

    I remember you mentioned your ceilings aren't high, keeping that in mind I'd go for something similar to the 2nd picture, it doesn't seem to cut the room into two sections so much

    Happy selecting
    Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments girls.
    Gail, we have 9ft ceilings...just dont know if I should stay with a flat white on the ceilings or what? Its all too much LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Siobhan,
    Glad to see you back here and to hear all is finally going well with your house.

    Hm, colour scheme, I'd have to agree with Gail on this one. You don't want to cut your size down with colour.
    Have fun,
    Hugs,
    Annna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Siobhan great to see you posting again.
    Wow you have had a busy time
    Think I'd keep it like the bottom pic
    Alison

    ReplyDelete